Set yourself up to collect maximum performance royalties
Whenever your original music is performed in a live venue, played on the radio, or streamed online — you are owed what is called a “performance royalty.” Performance Rights Organizations (or PROs), such as ASCAP and BMI in the U.S., collect those royalties on behalf of publishers and songwriters. In order for you to tap into this music publishing revenue stream, you need to be affiliated with a Performance Rights Organization. If you aren’t with a PRO, we can affiliate you as a songwriter in the U.S. (ASCAP, BMI) and Canada (SOCAN), or guide you to your country’s PRO membership application. If you are with a PRO already, we will administer your existing PRO affiliation.
Free Guide: Music Publishing 101
Make money with music publishing:
- Publishing basics
- Copyright basics
- Revenue streams
- And more!
A Publishing Split Sheet for Co-Songwriters
- The simple 3-step template will help you avoid legal disputes down the road. Songwriting publishing made easy from CD Baby.
When you sign up for CD Baby Pro Publishing Administration, we will:
- Affiliate you as a songwriter with a Performance Rights Organization (PRO) in the U.S. (ASCAP, BMI) and Canada (SOCAN); administer your existing PRO affiliation; or guide you to your country’s PRO membership application
- Register your songs with royalty collection societies around the world
- Collect all the performance royalties you’re owed worldwide
- Collect all your worldwide mechanical royalties (for streams and international downloads), which Performance Rights Organizations do NOT collect