Get a barcode for your CD or digital release and start charting with SoundScan and Billboard
A barcode is the standard method of tracking digital and physical music sales, allowing CD Baby to send your sales tallies to Nielsen SoundScan/Billboard every week. SoundScan reports your sales figures to the Billboard charts. So if you have dreams of topping the charts, the first thing you need is an official UPC barcode for your album or single.
How it works:
- Sign up for CD Baby Worldwide Distribution
- We’ll assign a FREE UPC barcode that is good until the end of time, or you may supply your own.
- Your UPC barcode number allows us to track and distribute your music to stores worldwide.
- Your sales are reported to Nielsen SoundScan weekly.
- The UPC barcode is YOURS. You can use it anywhere you’re selling your album or single.